Similar to the rest of the UK, flying was scrubbed on Saturday due to Storm Arwen wrecking havoc. That did not stop a record turnout for members at the club, as the annual general meeting carried on despite the weather. Congratulations to all the winners as follows:
- Youngest solo – George Eldred
- Steiner Trophy (fastest 100km flight) – Angus Watson
- Peter Kingwell Memorial Trophy (highest placed pilot as Inter-Services Regional Gliding Competition) – Tim Davies
- Challenge Cup (most progress by a club member) – Ewan Weston
- Peterborough Sailplane Trophy (open class) – Tim Davies
- Peterborough Sailplane Trophy (sport class) – Ewan Weston
- Dart Trophy (fastest 300km flight) – Dave Bromley
- CFI’s Trophy (most deserving member) – Morag Allen
- UoNGC Contribution Award (most deserving UoN member) – Kieran Smith
A second thanks goes to all those who worked behind the scenes on the night, especially Christine, Emily and Jill for the food!
Sunday saw the storm passing, but leaving behind freezing temperatures and gusty winds. This resulted in the winch being put out of action and a strictly aerotow only operation. Will Amor and Mick Wood still took advantage of the situation and ensured high flights for pilots, military and UoNGC alike. Despite the harsh conditions, the club still managed 17 flights.